Worm gear mechanisms are commonly used to transmit motion and power between two staggered shafts. The worm gear and the worm are equivalent to the gear and the rack in the middle plane, and the worm is similar in shape to the screw.
Features of the worm gear mechanism:
1. A large gear ratio can be obtained, which is more compact than the staggered shaft helical gear mechanism.
2, the worm drive is equivalent to the screw drive, which is a multi-tooth mesh drive, so the drive is stable and the noise is very small.
3. The two-wheel meshing tooth surface is in line contact, and its bearing capacity is much higher than that of the staggered shaft helical gear mechanism.
4, with self-locking. When the lead angle of the worm is smaller than the equivalent friction angle between the meshing teeth, the mechanism has self-locking property, and the reverse self-locking can be realized, that is, only the worm can drive the worm wheel, and the worm can not be driven by the worm wheel. For example, in the self-locking worm mechanism used in the hoisting machinery, the reverse self-locking property can serve as a safety protection.
5. The axial force of the worm is large.
6. The transmission efficiency is low and the wear is serious. When the worm gear is meshed and transmitted, the relative sliding speed between the meshing teeth is large, so the friction loss is large and the efficiency is low. On the other hand, the relative sliding speed is large, causing severe wear on the tooth surface and serious heat generation. In order to dissipate heat and reduce wear, materials with better anti-friction and anti-wear properties and good lubrication devices are often used, so the cost is high. .
What materials are used to make worms and worm gears separately? Why?
Under normal circumstances, the worm is a driving wheel, the material is a dense alloy steel, which is not easy to wear; the worm wheel is a driven wheel, and the material is bronze.
The worm gear is made of bronze as the raw material because:
1. Bronze has a lubricating effect, which is beneficial to reduce friction.
2, the texture of bronze is relatively soft, the material of the general worm is harder than the worm wheel, the worm wheel is the passive wheel, the worm is the drive wheel is generally connected with the motor, in case the equipment fails, the motor can be softly damaged by the worm. To protect the motor from being burned out.
- Talking about various gear processing methods and processes
- RENK (2700KW) reducer maintenance
- Flanders KMP710 (3800KW) reducer repair
- WELTER successfully completed heavy-duty JLP330 reducer repair
- How to maintain and maintain the reducer maintenance machinery
- Reducer maintenance process standard
- Exhibition method of herringbone gear
- What are the characteristics and differences between worm gear reducer drive and belt drive?
- What kind of lubricants are used for repairing various types of reducers?
- Reducer maintenance manufacturer introduces ways to improve the service life of reducer
- Talking about the ways of gear processing
- The main performance of the characteristics of the worm gear
- How to solve the deformation during gear processing
- Solutions to common problems of worm gears
- Analysis of Causes of Worm Gear Reducer Easily Wearing
- Introduction of several methods commonly used in gear processing
- Why does noise occur during gear processing and meshing?
- Reasons for the rust of the worm gear reducer bearing
- The worm gear transmits the movement and power between the two interleaved shafts
- The primary cause of oil leakage in worm gear reducer